Tactical Communications and situational awareness workshop
Safety for people on the front line – a health and safety basic.
Safety for people on the front line – a health and safety basic
It’s training in communication and awareness for people who may, or do, need to de-escalate, or disengage from angry and abusive behaviours. We’ll develop their skills so they can recognise risk, stay safe, reduce tensions, and manage the people exhibiting aggressive behaviour.
What makes Skillset's approach different?
- We'll design the training especially for your team - your priorities, your scenarios. (Be very wary of off-the-shelf training.)
- Serious training workshops, not passive seminars (So, not just tips and hints, but skills that last.)
- Proven, practical methods (We use research results and the experience of many people who work on front lines, not 'this is what worked for me'.)
- We make training challenging, fun and memorable
To get you started, a few suggestions...
· A range of communication skills to manage flashpoints
· Body language – how to interpret it and use it to de-escalate potential trouble
· How to decide when to de-escalate and when to disengage
How to maintain your professionalism under pressure