Effective Meetings Workshop
Achieve much more from your meetings with new thinking, new habits and new strategies.
Let's remove the frustrations and help you achieve more in less time.
New strategies and some practice with an experienced trainer could make all the difference.
What makes Skillset's approach different?
- Real training, not just passive seminars.
- It's for those who facilitate meetings as well as participants.
- Simple, practical strategies for making complex decisions and solving difficult problems.
- It'll be team-building - and fun.
What can we include?
(It’s your workshop, so we’ll design it to meet your needs.)
A few suggestions for participants
- make valuable contributions to your meetings - including making your key points clear, concise and well-informed.
- use the Inquiry Method to create a more balanced input from everyone. (It's a way of ensuring that you examine all the issues and avoid fixed positions that become adversarial.)
- recognise and avoid unproductive meeting behaviours
- ensure that you really understand other points of view
- make effective decisions - based on a thorough process, supported by evidence, clear to everyone and practical to implement.
For meeting leaders
- decide whether you really need a meeting. (Sometimes an exchange of emails will be enough.)
- facilitate a meeting so everyone feels it has purpose and direction
- ensure everyone is engaged for the whole meeting in a time-efficient way
- make meetings genuinely consultative, so you tap into the thinking and experience of everyone in the room. (First, you'll need to define what you mean by consultation for each meeting.)
- prepare a consultative agenda so everyone’s input is valued
- lead the Inquiry Method to ensure you get everyone engaged, and feeling heard
- delegate to make your meetings more inclusive and productive.